Tech Support Thursday: Reinstalling or Removing the TapRooT System Software
Welcome back everyone! A new year is here and I hope everyone had a great, safe holiday.
This week I’m going to delve into the process of removing and/or reinstalling the TapRooT System Software.
You only need to perform a few simple steps to remove the TapRooT System Software from your machine:
1. Select the Start menu / Settings / Control Panel / Add/Remove Programs. If any of the following items are listed, you should remove them:
– Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Desktop Edition (TAPROOT)
– TapRooT® System Software
2. Delete or rename the following directories if they exist:
– C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$TAPROOT
– C:\Program Files\TapRooT\taprootdata
3. Insert the installation CD and use Windows Explorer to locate the file:
\TapSWv4\Reset TapRooT Registry Key.reg
Double click on this file and respond Yes to the question “Are you sure you want to add the information in … to the registry?”
4. At this point the TapRooT System Software is completely removed from your system. You may now proceed with reinstallations as necessary.
I hope this helped. Leave any questions you may have in the comments section. See you next week!