Thought Leaders to Meet at Summit near Austin … Will You Be There?
What is a “thought leader”? I wasn’t sure what that meant when I heard the term recently because I wasn’t up-to-date with the latest lingo.
So, I read a Forbes article about thought leaders, (“What is a Thought Leader,” Russ Alan Prince and Bruce Rogers, March 16, 2012). Here’s how the article defined them:
Thought Leader Definition Part 1:
“A thought leader is an individual or firm that prospects, clients, referral sources, intermediaries and even competitors recognize as one of the foremost authorities in selected areas of specialization, resulting in its being the go-to individual or organization for said expertise.”
Thought Leader Definition Part 2:
“A thought leader is an individual or firm that significantly profits from being recognized as such.”
This made me curious, so I dug a little deeper and discovered five unmistakable qualities of a thought leader:
1. Thought leaders are driven by a higher purpose. The reward they seek is more than money; they find reward in a work that is a service to other human beings in some way.
2. Thought leaders implement positive change by first seeing things differently than the rest of the crowd. Their work helps people become unstuck and move forward.
3. Thought leaders are highly motivated and passionate about their missions. This inspires everyone they come into contact with to make a change for the better.
4. Thought leaders focus on their one big thing for decades. They are energized by expansiveness, but have always been driven toward solving one big problem.
5. Thought leaders are interested in creating positive change in the lives of others because they love people. They become students of human behavior, and are more interested in your story than their own.
That got me thinking. People at the Global TapRooT® Summit are thought leaders!
They are individuals and companies that are recognized as leaders in certain specialized areas or industry leaders AND they benefit from the knowledge they learn and take back and apply from the Summit.
Are you a thought leader? Do you want to be a thought leader?
Then you should register NOW for the 2014 Global TapRooT® Summit at Horseshoe Bay near Austin, Texas. The pre-Summit courses are on April 7-8. The Summit is next week – April 9-11.
For more information, see: