Is It Time to Improve Your Hospital’s Patient Safety by Using Advanced Root Cause Analysis?
TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis for Patient Safety Improvement
This is a special course designed to teach the advanced TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis System to people focussed on improving patient safety.
We noticed long ago (1996), that hospitals weren’t finding the root causes of problems causing patient harm. We knew that the TapRooT® System could help. And we started getting leaders to try TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis to improve patient safety.
Fast forward to 2018. We decided to write a book, Improve Patient Safety with TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis, a custom healthcare-oriented Root Cause Tree® Dictionary, and a course to teach the advanced TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis System to healthcare professionals.
Now, you can attend the first public course with all healthcare-related examples:
Besides saving patient’s lives and preventing harm to the hospital’s staff, what can TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis do for a hospital?
- Improve hospital financials
- Reduce risk
- Improve the quality of care
- Help create a just culture
- Reduce financial penalties for bad outcomes (never events)
- Reduce litigation costs by reducing sentinel events
- Increase efficient hospital operation
That’s why hospital administrators and their patient safety experts need to attend this course.
Who is Teaching the Course?
The instructors will be Marcus Miller (above) and Ken Turnbull (below).
What’s covered in this course?
Here’s the course outline…
Day 1 (8:00am to 5:00pm)
- Class Introductions and TapRooT® Introduction
- TapRooT® System Overview – What you will be learning
- SnapCharT® Basics – Gathering information
- SnapCharT® Exercise – Practice
- Causal Factors – Identifying the error using the Causal Factor Worksheet
- Root Cause Tree® – Finding root causes while eliminating blame
- Root Cause Tree® Exercise – Practice finding root causes
- Corrective Actions – Developing SMARTER fixes using the Corrective Action Helper® Guide
Day 2 (8:00am to 5:00pm)
- Software Intro – Practicing the techniques using software
- Generic Causes – Go beyond root cause analysis
- Causal Factors – More practice identifying Causal Factors
- Reporting – How to make a management presentation
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Final Exercise – Putting what you’ve learned to work on a real healthcare example from your team
Participants will receive the book, Improve Patient Safety with TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis, a $99.95 value, a TapRooT® Root Cause Tree®, a custom healthcare-oriented Root Cause Tree® Dictionary, a Corrective Action Helper Guide, and a 90-Day Subscription to TapRooT® VI, our dynamic online software that guides you through the TapRooT® process with ease and efficiency. And this course is IACET accredited. You will get 1.8 CEU’s when you attend.
Where is the Course Being Held?
Near Austin, TX, at the Horseshoe Bay Resort (bring your family). When is it being held? March 9-10 just before the 2020 Global TapRooT® Summit.
CLICK HERE to register for just the TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis for Patient Safety Improvement Course (March 9 – 10, 2020).
Seats are limited in this course and because it is the first time this new course is being offered to the public, it will fill up fast.