Top Reason to Attend TapRooT® Summit: Value is the New Black
On a plane home from Chicago recently, I thought about cheap vs. value. An acquaintance had offered up his condo that’s for sale in a Chicago for my lodging — he had moved on for a job in another city. I learned staying there for free was definitely cheap, but not a great value:
- The hot water heater did not work
- The condo was so dusty my lungs felt like the Sahara Desert after two hours
- No coffee for miles
- The condo, promoted as “2 minutes” from the train station, was in reality a 45 minute walk, through tall grass and multiple chigger bites, and then another 40 minute ride to get into the City, *if* I could catch a train that won’t wait for me to find my way out of the grasslands . . .
By the second day of my stay in Hinsdale (which I renamed “Hellsdale”), I was consulting Priceline for a hotel in the City. Not free lodging but a value I do not regret. The value to this decision:
- A hot shower (priceless)
- I could breathe (important)
- Fresh coffee in the room (more important than breathing)
- Location in the heart of Chicago just steps from everything (I didn’t subtract hours commuting but added hours to enjoy Chicago — bonus!)
Lots of people are talking about pursuing the “cheap” in this economy, but in most cases, cheap is not value, and value is the new black!
That’s one of the best things about the 2009 TapRooT® Summit — the exceptional value:
- The conference site (where you can book a room in our block at a great rate) is in the heart of Music City U.S.A.
- Southwest Airlines can get you there at incredibly low fares
- Mark Paradies and Linda Unger, the developers of the TapRooT® System will be in the crowd and available to answer your questions
- It’s an event that will help you take your next career step (and if you are looking for a job, did you know we have an awesome Career Track planned? Check out our Schedules Page!)
- The best golf tournament of the year
- First class, worldwide industry experts are leading the sessions
- You’ll make unforgettable memories, new friends and maybe win a new iPod at the Wednesday night reception
- You’ll save $200 on your Summit registration if you schedule a Pre-Summit Course
Budget cuts in training may save money but they don’t add value to the workplace. Improvement is needed now more than ever. Why not spend a few days discovering best practices? Choose from these tracks:
- Behavior Change & Stopping Human Error
- Career Development
- Certified TapRooT® Instructor
- Corrective Action Program
- Eliminating Hospital Sentinel Events
- Equipment Reliability & Maintenance
- Investigation & Root Cause Analysis
- Operations Excellence
- Safety Management Systems/Measuring Performance
- Safety, Process Safety, and Risk Management
- Spanish Speaking TapRooT® Users
- TapRooT® Software Super User/Administration
or pick and choose your favorite sessions and create your own track!
It’s not too late to end the year with an incredible value. Download our brochure and make plans to attend the 2009 TapRooT® Summit, October 7-9 (and Pre-Summit October 5-6) in Nashville, Tennessee!