Two Job Openings – Saudi Aramco – Saudi Arabia – Need TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis Skills
Here are the details:
Job Opening #1
Saudi Aramco, the largest producer of oil and gas in the world, has an opening for a Senior Safety Engineer – PSM in their Upstream Business Line. The Upstream Business Line has committed significant resources to bring trailing indicators into line with industry leaders and offers excellent salary and benefits packages, including 100% 401K match up to 9% of salary, company paid retirement, company paid repatriation leave annually (paid in cash), expat bonus, low cost, on-site housing which includes utilities, dependent educational benefits, and tax exemptions on income as allowed by the IRS or home country tax agencies. Aramco is an excellent place for families as our primary school systems rival the best in the world. The position is based in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia on the east coast near the city of Al Khobar. For exciting work in a place where you can make a difference, contact us.
The Senior Safety Engineer – Process Safety Management (PSM) will serve as an important part of the Upstream HSE Team. The incumbent will provide technical process safety guidance and support, providing a key partnership role in leading process safety performance across Upstream operations. This position requires interaction with plant operating personnel all the way up to the Senior Vice President. A comfort level and ability to communicate with managers, superintendents, division heads, foremen and supervisors is essential. As there is much less emphasis on regulation here in the Kingdom, the incumbent will need to rely on application of internal and international standards and the skill to present the business case for PSM changes.
Reports to: Upstream HSE Team Leader
• Remain current with PSM regulations, consensus standards and technology in the industry
• Review Saudi Aramco corporate PSM documents for application to Upstream operations
• Training and mentoring of process and production engineers across Upstream in the use of qualitative risk assessment tools
• Assist with the development of risk assessment methods/systems for anticipating, identifying and evaluating hazards.
• Assist facility Upstream leadership with the development of short and long-term process safety objectives, targets, strategies, and measures that prioritize and mitigate risks.
• Prepare action plans to address the facility’s culture and risk.
• Capture process safety data in facility and Upstream databases.
• Develop and track key performance indicators for PSM/Asset Integrity processes
• Develop and manage PSM/Asset Integrity processes for integration with the Upstream Safety Management System (SMS)
• Auditing Upstream facilities in the area of PSM, using root cause analysis to identify reasons for discrepancies, writing comprehensive corrective actions to address root causes, and assisting operating facilities with implementation of corrective actions
• Participating as Upstream HSE representative in design reviews, pre-start up reviews, etc.
• Leading efforts to identify and implement industry PSM-related best practices
• Liaising with engineering disciplines to reduce the likelihood of major incidents and work across various operating facilities to steward risk reduction efforts
• Providing incident investigation support as required, including analysis of incident root cause data, development of effective measures to prevent recurrence, and communication of key lessons learned
• BS Degree in Engineering or related discipline required
• Certification in safety (CSP) or Industrial Hygiene (CIH) is preferred but no mandatory
• 15 years of PSM experience in operations and/or engineering preferring at least 5 years in upstream oil and gas
• Strong knowledge of Safety Management Systems and their application in the process industries, especially oil and gas
• Strong technical and managerial auditing skills (e.g. experience with auditing such standards as ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, etc.)
• Demonstrated skill in writing technical standards and procedures
• Experience in leading Process Hazard Analyses (PHA), particularly using the HazOp methodology
• Able to lead complex process safety incident investigations; experience with TapRooT preferred and TapRooT instructor certification a large plus
• Working knowledge of engineering, operations and safety standards, including process safety regulations and consensus standards
• Proven ability to work effectively at all levels internal and external to the organization
• Excellent communication skills
• High degree of English fluency (the business language of Saudi Aramco is English)
Job Opening #2
Saudi Aramco, the largest producer of oil and gas in the world, has an opening for a Senior Environmental Professional in their Upstream Business Line. The Upstream Business Line has committed significant resources to bring trailing indicators into line with industry leaders and offers excellent salary and benefits packages, including 100% 401K match up to 9% of salary, company paid retirement, company paid repatriation leave annually (paid in cash), expat bonus, low cost, on-site housing which includes utilities, dependent educational benefits, and tax exemptions on income as allowed by the IRS or home country tax agencies. Aramco is an excellent place for families as our primary school systems rival the best in the world. The position is based in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia on the east coast near the city of Al Khobar. For exciting work in a place where you can make a difference, contact us.
The Upstream Business Line (exploration and producing) of Saudi Aramco is looking for an experienced Environmental Professional to assist the Upstream HSE Team in developing and implementing environmental strategies and processes across our operating areas. The group is attached directly to the Senior Vice President of Upstream.
a. Bachelor’s degree in a Science or Engineering discipline, with a focus in the environmental field and relevant experience in , consulting and implementation roles in environmental systems.
b. A Master’s degree or MBA is an advantage but not a pre-requisite.
c. Experience in the O&G Industry
d. Background in ISO 14001 (EMS) implementation and auditing.
e. Twelve (12) years relevant experience in internal or external management consulting in the required area(s) of expertise.
f. Must generally be recognized by all levels of management as an expert in the field.
g. Background in root cause analysis/incident investigation an advantage, TapRooT preferred, but not required.
Duties and Responsibilities
a. Assess Upstream environmental performance and help create an environmental strategy which is in line with corporate strategy.
b. Create and track suitable leading and lagging environmental KPIs for each major operating area and set targets accordingly
c. Help establish and rollout Upstream EMS, and carry out internal audits
d. Keep abreast of all environmental issues and initiatives that pertain to Upstream
e. Update management on Upstream environmental performance
f. Review targets for Upstream and Operations Plan
g. Perform quality assurance on Upstream environmental data
h. Track progress on compliance and environmental mitigation programs
i. Prioritize environmental findings by risk
j. Coordinate with environmental Protection Department (EPD) and Upstream Planning Staff
k. Support and advise operating facility management and environmental coordinators
l. Keep informed of all international, government and company environmental regulations, standards, procedures and guidelines
m. Review Saudi Aramco’s Environmental Standards relevant to Upstream activities
n. Ensure Saudi Aramco standards are promulgated throughout Upstream
o. Facilitate awareness and training for Environmental Management System (EMS)
p. Participate in Environmental Steering Committee and help lead the Environmental working teams.
q. Participate in investigations of environmental incidents and root cause analysis of environmental issues
r. Write formal reports and environmental articles for Upstream and company publications
s. Review EPD’s annual Environmental Compliance Report and ensure consistency with internal data
t. Seek continuous improvement of Upstream environmental performance and alignment of efforts
u. Review and comment on environmental aspects of contract documents. And work with EPD to monitor the environmental performance of contractor operations.
v. Provide needed support for the implementation of the HAZCOM program including hazardous materials/chemicals inventory, chemical hazard bulletins, hazard signs and train-the-trainer programs and employee training
w. Participate in the Company’s oil spill protection programs and keep records of the latest response plans for such emergencies
Larry Perkinson CSP, ARM
Upstream HSE Team Leader
Saudi Aramco, Room 3096 North Admin Bldg
Dhahran, 31311 Saudi Arabia