*NEW* VIRTUAL Equifactor® Course: A TapRooT® TV Video Premiere
Stop Repeat Equipment Failures
Learn about our Virtual Equifactor® Course that will help diagnose and fix equipment problems. In two days, you will learn how to use Equifactor® to troubleshoot equipment issues and find out what is leading to failures. Then you will learn to use the TapRooT® System to organize the information you collect, identify the Causal Factors of the failure, and find the fixable root causes of the failure. Finally, you will learn to develop effective fixes to stop future equipment failures.
The tools you will learn include:
- Equifactor® Troubleshooting Tables – a systematic guide to troubleshooting common equipment problems.
- SnapCharT® Diagram – visualize and organize the information you collect to make what happened understandable.
- Root Cause Tree® Diagram and Dictionary – find the real, fixable root causes of human performance and equipment issues.
- Corrective Action Helper® Module – provides suggested corrective actions to help you develop effective fixes.
- Safeguard Analysis – helps define Causal Factors and develop effective corrective actions.
- Change Analysis – collect and understand information about problems caused by changes or differences in system, equipment, or people.
The tools can be used by maintenance personnel, equipment reliability specialists, maintenance managers, or investigators who don’t have an extensive understanding of equipment engineering.
In addition, the Equifactor® Techniques can be used to develop proactive equipment performance improvement initiatives and equipment troubleshooting procedures.
- Understanding What Happened – SnapCharT® Basics
- SnapCharT® Exercise
- Collecting Information
- Failure Modes and Failure Agents
- Equifactor® Troubleshooting Tables
- Human Errors
- Process Troubleshooting
- Example: Troubleshooting a Seawater Pump
- TapRooT®/Equifactor® Software Introduction
- Identifying Causal Factors
- Introduction to the Root Cause Tree®
- Exercise: Walking Through the Root Cause Tree®
- Exercise: Teams Find Root Causes Using the Root Cause Tree®
- Change Analysis
- Change Analysis Exercise
- Final Exercise: Solving a Major Equipment Issue
The course materials include the book, Using Equifactor® Troubleshooting Tools and TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis to Improve Equipment Reliability, a TapRooT® Root Cause Tree®, the Root Cause Tree® Dictionary, and the Corrective Action Helper® Guide, a $129 value. The book includes a complete set of Heinz Bloch’s troubleshooting tables.
Upon completion of the course, attendees will receive a certificate of completion and a 90-day subscription to TapRooT® VI Software, our dynamic cloud-based software that computerizes the Equifactor® and TapRooT® Techniques.
This 2-day course is offered in-person or virtually, as well as 3-days in Spanish. Head over to the courses page to see our current Equifactor® course schedule.
Watch Ken Reed and Emily Pritt as they discuss this topic
TapRooT® TV–What’s it about?
Tune in to our TapRooT® Facebook or YouTube to watch the best midday lunch and learn premiering each Wednesday, or listen to the conversation on the TapRooT® podcast. We explore ways to help you with your root cause analysis and incident investigation programs. Learn to find and fix root causes and develop corrective actions that improve safety, production, maintenance, and quality.
Continue reading how Equifactor® can help
Equifactor® Equipment Troubleshooting & TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis are powerful methods to ensure your machinery issues are correctly fixed the first time.
Apply Heinz Bloch’s troubleshooting techniques and the TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis System to understand and prevent equipment failures. This includes developing equipment troubleshooting plans, getting a clear picture of how the failure occurred, and identifying and fixing the root causes of the equipment issues. Companies find there are significant savings when repeat equipment failures are eliminated.
Join us every week for the TapRooT® TV video premiere
The premiere of new TapRooT® TV videos on Wednesdays is at noon, on Facebook and YouTube. You may also listen to the conversation on the TapRooT® podcast. Of course, you may always listen/watch at your convenience via these links, even if you miss the Wednesday premiere.
Register for a TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis Training Course
TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis Training courses are taught all over the world. If you are interested in learning how to stop repeat incidents, find a 2-day or 5-day course. We are available to train you and your staff on-site at your workplace; contact us to discuss your needs. You may also call us at 865.539.2139.