Are You Still Waiting Because of COVID?
Is Waiting Free?
The COVID pandemic has caused many people to wait to implement plans to improve:
- human performance
- root cause analysis
- incident investigations
- interviewing skills
- performance improvement programs
- equipment/asset reliability
- your Certified TapRooT® Instructor skills
- your safety program
- risk management initiatives
- compliance with corporate policies and federal laws
- soft skills needed to improve human relations
- executive leadership’s understanding of root cause analysis
The question is:
What does it cost to wait?
Let’s do some brainstorming as to the potential costs that might occur when your company does NOT implement improvement initiatives…
- A major accident occurs because you didn’t improve safety or process safety. The cost? Someone could die? A major accident could cost your company millions.
- Equipment failures continue because you didn’t implement an equipment/asset reliability improvement initiative. The cost? Potentially hundreds of thousands of dollars due to plant downtime and repair costs.
- Quality issues cause customer complaints or regulatory issues. The cost? Hard to evaluate. What could the regulatory fine be? What would it cost to lose your best customer?
There are three quick examples. What other examples can you imagine?
What Improvements Are You Delaying?
What are the improvement initiatives that you might be delaying?
- Attending the Global TapRooT® Summit to get new ideas for your improvement efforts?
- Training for you or your people to learn the skills needed to successfully improve performance?
- Revising your improvement program to make it more effective?
- Getting increased management support for improvement initiatives?
- Broadening the scope of your improvement plans to get more benefits from your improvement technology?
Now, revisit what the potential costs of each of these delays might be. What should you do?
I believe when you evaluate your delays and the costs that each delay might incur, you will probably see that you need to get your improvement program going!
Yes, COVID made it difficult to make improvements. But you need to redouble your efforts. DO IT NOW!
Ideas for Improvement Initiatives
Here are three ideas to help you improve your improvement initiatives.
- Is it time to improve your root cause analysis? You could contact us to schedule an on-site course, a public course, or a VIRTUAL TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis Training.
- Do you need new ideas to improve performance and make or keep your company an industry leader? Then you should start planning to attend the 2022 Global TapRooT® Summit. This once-a-year event is an opportunity that you should take advantage of and it is coming up on May 2-6 in Knoxville, TN. And if you really want to make improvement happen, consider bringing a team to the Summit.
- Contact us for a management briefing and to develop a roadmap to success. For more information, CLICK HERE.
Don’t delay! Too much time has been wasted while people hid from COVID. REGISTER for the 2022 Global TapRooT® Summit now.