Why You Should Register for the Stopping Human Error Course Offered in October
The Stopping Human Error course is built to help us better understand human errors (analysis, prediction, and categorization) and why humans make them.
Through the course, you will understand why and how people work (and how to help them change their behavior).
Notably, the 2-day Stopping Human Error course will cover solutions to assist attendees in their quest to minimize errors and the resulting impact on their facilities. The tools discussed can be used with your TapRooT® findings and can be incorporated as corrective actions as determined by your root cause analysis findings.
Develop your plan in the TapRooT® Stopping Human Error Course
Mark Paradies, human factors expert and Board Certified Ergonomist (certificate #85), and Alex Paradies experienced TapRooT® Instructor and Lean Transformation leader, will help you understand:
- The causes of human error
- Human factors design best practices
- Methods to find error likely situations
- Techniques to help supervisors and workers prevent human errors
- CHAP (Critical Human Action Profile)
- Human Performance improvement Technology
- Designing your human performance improvement program.
- Foundations of Improving Human Performance
- Resilience and Safeguards
- Using TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis for Reactive Problem Analysis
- Using TapRooT® Human Performance Best Practices Proactively
- Human Engineering
- Management System
- Work Direction
- Quality Control
- Stopping Normalization of Deviation
- Pre-Job Hazard Analysis
- Pre-Job Briefs
- Personal Safety Assessment
- Applying Critical Human Action Profile Proactively
- Human Performance Improvement Technology
- Procedure Use/Adherence
- Place Keeping
- Independent Verification
- Three-Way Communication
- Pre-Job Brief
- Personal Safety Assessment
- Observation and Coaching
- Post-Job Brief
- Concurrent Verification
- Questioning Attitude
- Time Out
- Attention to Detail
- Management of Change
- Error Traps and Precursors
- Validate Assumptions
- Do Not Disturb Sign
- Conservative Decision Making
- Admiral Rickover and “Facing the Facts”
- Which Tools Will Work Best for You?
- Sample Plan/Suggested Plan
- Customizing Your Plan
- Present Your Plan, Benchmarking, and Feedback
With the exercises built-in to try the techniques, this is an active, quick-moving 2-day course.
You will leave this course with a clear understanding of methods to improve human performance and a custom plan to apply those methods at your company to achieve great gains in safety, quality, or operational and maintenance performance (all of which depend on human performance).
System Improvements President Mark Paradies, author of the Stopping Human Error book, observes,
“Try the proven human performance best practices in this book. They are based on human factors research, proven in the field. Can we stop all human errors? The answer is no. But you prevent significant errors, make other mistakes less likely and easy to catch, and add defense in depth to stop major accidents.
“At the end of this book, you will have the knowledge you need to develop a custom program to improve human performance in your organization and stop many important human errors. What can this save your company? Billions. It can prevent fatalities, stop quality issues, improve equipment reliability, and reduce the chance of regulatory fines. That means this book is well worth your time to read.”
Learn Stopping Human Error from the best!
Mark comments, “You will leave this course with a clear understanding of methods to improve human performance and a custom plan to apply those methods at your company to achieve great gains in safety, quality, or operational and maintenance performance (all of which depend on human performance). With course exercises designed to try some of the techniques, this will be an active, quick-moving two-day course.”
Listen to the Stopping Human Error TapRooT® TV video with Mark and Alex:
Need more information about the TapRooT® System or the Stopping Human Error Course?
TapRooT® is a systematic process, software, and training for finding the real root causes of problems. It is used by leading companies around the world to investigate and fix the root causes of major accidents, everyday incidents, minor near-misses, quality issues, human errors, maintenance problems, medical mistakes, productivity issues, manufacturing mistakes, and environmental releases . . . in other words, all types of mission-critical problems.
- For any help, you may need, call System Improvements Inc. at 865-539-2139. Or contact us online at http://www.taproot.com/contact/.
- Learn more about TapRooT® at http://www.taproot.com.
- Purchase the Stopping Human Error book through the TapRooT® Store,.
Register now to save your spot(s) for the Stopping Human Error TapRooT® course, October 25-26, 2022.