What’s in the 5-Day TapRooT® Advanced Root Cause Analysis Team Leader Training?
5-Day TapRooT® Advanced Root Cause Analysis
Team Leader Training
The 5-Day TapRooT® Advanced Root Cause Analysis Team Leader Training is our premier course.
When I ask our instructors:
“Which course is the best for the students to learn
how to find the root causes of problems?”
There is no doubt – they will reply…
“The 5-Day TapRooT® Training”
Why is this? Because:
- It covers both the simple and complete TapRooT® investigation processes (shown above).
- It covers the essential and optional TapRooT® Tools. This includes SnapCharT®, The Root Cause Tree®, the Causal Factor Worksheets, Equifactor®, CHAP, Change Analysis, SMARTER, and the Corrective Action Helper® Guide.
- It provides key tips for interviewing and information collection.
- It provides advanced learning about troubleshooting human performance problems.
- It teaches how to use TapRooT® both reactively and proactively.
- It includes a major example every day to reinforce the tools and practices learned.
- It provides extensive practice using the TapRooT® Software to complete an investigation.
- It links everything together to demonstrate how to use TapRooT® in a major investigation or a minor precursor event.
That’s why it takes 5-Days!
5-Day TapRooT® RCA Course Outline
Day One (8:00 am to 5:00 pm)
- Class Introductions and TapRooT® Introduction
- TapRooT® System Overview – What You’ll Be Learning
- SnapCharT® Basics – Gathering Information
- SnapCharT® Exercise – Practice
- Causal Factors – Identifying the Errors
- Root Cause Tree® – Eliminating Blame
- Root Cause Tree® Exercise – On Your Own
- Corrective Actions – Developing Fixes
- Corrective Action Exercise
Day Two (8:00 am to 5:00 pm)
- Software Tips
- Generic Causes – Systemic Problems
- Enhanced Corrective Actions
- Preparing for Your Investigation
- Collecting Information
- Interviewing Exercise
- Interviewing Exercise (RCA)
Day Three (8:00 am to 5:00 pm)
- Management System & Changing Behavior
- Human Engineering
- CHAP & Exercise
- Change Analysis
- Change Analysis Exercise
- Improving Procedures
- Putting It All Together
- Work Direction & Exercise
Day Four (8:00 am to 5:00 pm)
- Human Factors Jeopardy
- Proactive Improvement
- Auditing Using Safeguard Analysis
- Water Hammer Exercise
- Analyzing Training Problems
- Grading Investigations
- Presenting to Management
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Start Final Exercise (SnapCharT®)
Day Five (8:00 am to 1:00 pm)
- Final Exercise: Safeguards Analysis
- Final Exercise: Define Causal Factors
- Final Exercise: Find Root Causes
- Final Exercise: Find Generic Causes
- Final Exercise: Develop Fixes
- Final Exercise: Presentations
Course materials we provide:
- TapRooT® Major Investigations Book
- TapRooT® Essentials Book
- Laminated TapRooT® Root Cause Tree®
- TapRooT® Root Cause Tree® Dictionary
- Course Workbook
- Corrective Action Helper® Guide
Upon completion of the course, attendees will receive a certificate of completion and a 90-Day Subscription to TapRooT® Personal Software, our dynamic online software that guides you through the TapRooT® process with ease and efficiency.
5-Day TapRooT® RCA Course Guarantee
To help you feel assured that you won’t waste your time in the 5-Day TapRooT® Course, we provide this guarantee:
Attend this course, go back to work, and use what you have learned to analyze accidents, incidents, near-misses, equipment failures, operating issues, or quality problems. If you don’t find root causes that you previously would have overlooked and if you and your management don’t agree that the corrective actions that you recommend are much more effective, just return your course materials/software and we will refund the entire course fee.
We’ve had everyone from employees who were completely new to root cause analysis, to senior HSE Managers, to corporate executives and VPs attend this course and we’ve found that all were impressed with how much they learned that was directly applicable to their jobs. (That’s right, senior executives learned things that were directly applicable to their jobs.)
How Do You Register for the 5-Day Course?
First, go to this link to see the upcoming dates and locations for Public 5-Day TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis Team Leader Training:
Just click on the link for the course you choose and complete the registration process.
How Do You Have a 5-Day TapRooT® RCA Course at Your Site?
That’s easy too!
Call us at 865-539-2139 or CLICK HERE to request a course quote.