A Surefire Way to Keep Your Valentine’s Day Fun: Keep It Safe.
The best way to keep your Valentine’s Day romantic and fun? Make food safety a priority!
A recent article on StateFoodSafety.com notes that the best restaurant to eat in on Valentine’s Day is a clean one. Here are a few of their food safety tips this Valentine’s Day:
- Take note of the dining area and restrooms. If they do not meet cleanliness standards, it’s probably a good sign that the kitchen is also in need of more than just a light dusting. You might consider eating elsewhere for your own safety.
- Only eat foods that are served to you hot. If the food is served to you at a lukewarm temperature, chances are that it was left sitting for too long and has allowed harmful bacteria to multiply.
- Make sure the staff does not touch your food or the tips of your silverware with their bare hands. It’s probably not a good idea to let them sample your drink either.
- Be wary of meat, eggs, oysters, or other raw foods that are undercooked.
- Wash your hands properly before and after eating.
Click here to read the full article.
Photo courtesy of NPR.