Book 4: Using TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis for Major Investigations
New Book for Investigating Major Accidents
You may be familiar with the history of the TapRooT® Books (shown above, read about the history HERE), but do you know what’s in the new Book 4?
Book 4 Contents
CHAPTER 1: Major Investigations vs Basic Investigations
CHAPTER 2: The TapRooT® 7-Step Major Investigation Process
- 2.1 Phase 1, Step 1 – Plan Your Investigation
- 2.2 Phase 2, Step 2 – What Happened? (Sequence of Events)
- 2.3 Phase 3, Step 3 – Define Causal Factors
- 2.4 Phase 3, Step 4 – Analyze Each Causal Factor’s Root Causes
- 2.5 Phase 3, Step 5 – Analyze Each Root Cause’s Generic Causes
- 2.6 Phase 4, Step 6 – Develop Fixes
- 2.7 Phase 5, Step 7 – Present/Report for Approval
Chapter 3: Step 1: Plan Your Investigation
- 3.1 Start with a SnapCharT®
- 3.2 Optional Planning Tools – Root Cause Tree® and Equifactor®
- 3.3 What Should Your Plan Look Like?
Chapter 4: Step 2: Determine What Happened
- 4.1 Using a SnapCharT® Diagram to Collect, Display, and Understand What Happened
- 4.2 Information Collection Optional Techniques
- 4.3 Equifactor® Troubleshooting
- 4.4 CHAP
- 4.5 Change Analysis
Chapter 5: Step 3: Define Causal Factors
5.1 Three-Question Method for Identifying Causal Factors
Chapter 6: Step 4: Analyze Each Causal Factor’s Root Causes
Chapter 7: Step 5: Analyze Each Root Cause’s Generic Causes
Chapter 8: Step 6: Develop Fixes
- 8.1 General Guidance for Effective Fixes
- 8.2 Using Corrective Action Helper® Guide/Module
- 8.3 Using Safeguard Analysis to Develop Fixes
- 8.4 SMARTER
- 8.5 Developing Fixes
- 8.6 An Example of an Effective Fix
Chapter 9: Step 7: Present/Report for Approval
- 9.1 Getting to Yes
- 9.2 Making an Oral Presentation
- 9.3 Writing an Incident Report
- 9.4 Make a Movie
- 9.5 That’s It!
Appendix A: Collect and Preserve Evidence
Appendix B: SnapCharT® Manual
Appendix C: Root Cause Tree® User’s Manual
APPENDIX D: Safeguard Analysis Manual
Appendix E: Equifactor® Troubleshooting Manual
Appendix F: CHAP Manual
Appendix G: Change Analysis Manual
Appendix H: How TapRooT® Works Review
Purpose of Book 4
Book 4 describes how to investigate major incidents/accidents and find their root causes as fast and efficiently as possible with credible results and effective corrective actions.
The book Using TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis for Major Investigations features an in-depth look at the techniques used to perform a TapRooT® Investigation. It also comes with the Root Cause Tree® Diagram, the Root Cause Tree® Dictionary, and Corrective Action Helper® Guide.
Changing the way the World Solves Problems … that is what the TapRooT® System is all about. The TapRooT® System provides people the science to find and fix the causes of human error and equipment failure – whether it is reactively simple low to medium risk incidents or investigating major accidents (the topic of this book); or proactively improving performance by using the TapRooT® Techniques to find and fix a problem’s root causes before an accident occurs.
Purchase Your Copy
Book 4 is included in the 5-Day TapRooT® Advanced Root Cause Analysis Team Leader Course. You can buy the book (that comes with the latest Dictionary, Root Cause Tree®, and TapRooT® Corrective Action Helper® Guide) by CLICKING HERE.
Or you can by the set of Books 3 and 4 by CLICKING HERE.
Or the complete TapRooT® 10 book set by CLICKING HERE.