Can You Use Mistake Proofing to Improve Your Corrective Actions?
Best Practices in Mistake Proofing & Corrective Action Writing
Kevin McManus, Chief Excellence Officer for Great Systems!, experience TapRooT® Instructor, and member of the Malcolm Baldrige Performance Excellence Award Judge’s Panel, can help you learn how to mistake-proof performance and write more effective corrective actions.
How can this help you in your career and your company’s performance?
Ask these questions:
- How effective are the safeguards and countermeasures you use to minimize errors and risk potential each day?
- How often do the corrective actions you put in place fail to keep problems from coming back, again and again?
- Would you like to learn techniques for measuring and improving Safeguard and barrier effectiveness?
If you are looking to reduce the potential for daily process errors, and in turn, risk potential, this workshop is for you. If you have attended the TapRooT® 2-Day or 5-Day Course, the workshop concepts and tools will help you write more effective corrective actions to address the root causes that you have identified. The workshop content and exercises will also help you leverage the power of those ‘Needs Improvement’ (NI) root causes that you might have selected.
This workshop also explores the common types of work process and tool design flaws that contribute to human error, including fixes that fail. From a reactive improvement perspective, it gives you a coach and a practice field for learning to write more effective and sustainable corrective and preventive actions. If you want to proactively reduce the potential for errors and failures, this workshop gives you many best practices and assessment tools that can be used to improve Safeguard effectiveness and ‘mistake-proof’ your workplace.
All course participants will receive a 180-page, full color, course workbook and a copy of the facilitator’s book, “Error Proof – How to Stop Daily Goofs for Good.”
In this workshop, you will learn how to:
- Use best practice approaches for mistake-proofing job tasks of any type
- Proactively identify and analyze error and risk potential in a systematic manner
- Better utilize the 32 TapRooT® NI root causes through benchmarking and best practice exploration
- Assess the relative strength of different corrective action and Safeguard options
- Write effective corrective and preventive actions that add value, reduce risk potential, and can be sustained over time
- Capture and use process-level error rates as leading indicators of potential risk levels and corrective action effectiveness
When and Where is the Course Being Held?
The course is being held near Austin, TX, at the Horseshoe Bay Resort.
It is being held on March 9-10, just before the 2020 Global TapRooT® Summit. The Summit is being held at the same location on March 11-13. If you attend both the course and the Summit you will SAVE $200. For more information about the Keynote Speakers at the 2020 Global TapRooT® Summit, click on the photos below.
How To Register…
CLICK HERE to register for just the Best Practices in Mistake Proofing & Corrective Action Writing Course (March 9 – 10, 2020).
There is a limited number of seats in this course. Register today!