Need to find root causes of equipment failures?
If you need to find root causes of equipment failures to improve your facility’s equipment reliability, please join us in Houston, Texas for Equifactor® Equipment Troubleshooting & TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis, November 3.
In two days, you’ll learn how to use Equifactor® to troubleshoot equipment issues and find the root causes of equipment failures. Then you’ll learn to use the TapRooT® RCA System to organize the information you collect, identify the Causal Factors of the failure, and find the fixable root causes of the failure. Finally, you will learn to develop effective fixes to stop future equipment failures.
The tools you will learn include:
- Equifactor® Troubleshooting Tables – a systematic guide to troubleshooting common equipment problems.
- SnapCharT® Diagram – visualize and organize the information you collect to make what happened understandable.
- Root Cause Tree® Diagram and Dictionary – find the real, fixable root causes of human performance and equipment issues.
- Corrective Action Helper® Module – provides suggested corrective actions to help you develop effective fixes.
- Safeguard Analysis – helps define Causal Factors and develop effective corrective actions.
- Change Analysis – collect and understand information about problems caused by changes or differences in system, equipment, or people.
The tools can be used by maintenance personnel, equipment reliability specialists, maintenance managers, or investigators who don’t have an extensive understanding of equipment engineering.
In addition, the Equifactor® Techniques can be used to develop proactive equipment performance improvement initiatives and equipment troubleshooting procedures.
DAY ONE (9:00 am to 5:00 pm with a 1-hour lunch)
- Understanding What Happened – SnapCharT® Basics
- SnapCharT® Exercise
- Collecting Information
- Failure Modes and Failure Agents
- Equifactor® Troubleshooting Tables
- Human Errors
- Process Troubleshooting
- Example: Troubleshooting a Seawater Pump
DAY TWO (9:00 AM TO 5:00 PM WITH A 1-HOUR LUNCH)
- TapRooT®/Equifactor® Software Introduction
- Identifying Causal Factors
- Introduction to the Root Cause Tree®
- Exercise: Walking Through the Root Cause Tree®
- Exercise: Teams Find Root Causes Using the Root Cause Tree®
- Change Analysis
- Change Analysis Exercise
- Final Exercise: Solving a Major Equipment Issue
Registration is open!
Equifactor® Equipment Troubleshooting & TapRooT Root Cause Analysis
November 3 & 4, 2021