TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis for Patient Safety Improvement
Root Cause Analysis Techniques for Thorough & Credible Healthcare Patient Safety Investigations
What can you do to help your hospital eliminate patient safety incidents? The answer is EASY. Learn to apply the best root cause analysis techniques for investigating patient safety events and then implement effective corrective actions to improve patient safety.
What is the best root cause analysis technique? We believe that without a doubt, it is TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis.
Why do we believe it? Because of the many success stories we have seen from TapRooT® Users from around the world.
Why else? Because we know the extensive development and scientific basis that provides the foundation of TapRooT®.
How can you prove the value of TapRooT® to your hospital?
Attend our upcoming TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis for Patient Safety Improvement Course. We know you will find it valuable because we have guaranteed the course…
Attend this course, go back to your hospital, and use what you have learned to analyze patient safety events, incidents, near-misses, or quality problems. If you don’t find root causes that you previously would have overlooked and if you and your hospital management don’t agree that the corrective actions that you recommend are much more effective, just return your course materials/software and we will refund the entire course fee.
When and Where is the Course Being Held?
The course is being held before the Global TapRooT® Summit (March 11-13) on March 9-10. Where? At the Horseshoe Bay Resort near Austin, Texas. For more information about the venue, see:
What Will You Learn in the TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis for Patient Safety Improvement Course?
This is a special course designed to teach the advanced TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis System to people focussed on improving patient safety.
We noticed long ago (1996), that hospitals weren’t finding the root causes of problems causing patient harm. We knew that the TapRooT® System could help. And we started getting leaders to try TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis to improve patient safety.
Fast forward to 2018. We decided to write a book, Improve Patient Safety with TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis, a custom healthcare-oriented Root Cause Tree® Dictionary, and a course to teach the advanced TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis System to healthcare professionals.
Now, you can attend the first public course with all healthcare-related examples:
Besides saving patient’s lives and preventing harm to the hospital’s staff, what can TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis do for a hospital?
- Improve hospital financials
- Reduce risk
- Improve the quality of care
- Help create a just culture
- Reduce financial penalties for bad outcomes (never events)
- Reduce litigation costs by reducing sentinel events
- Increase efficient hospital operation
That’s why hospital administrators and their patient safety experts need to attend this course.
The instructors will be Marcus Miller (above) and Ken Turnbull (below).
What’s covered in this course? Here’s the course outline…
Day 1 (8:00am to 5:00pm)
- Class Introductions and TapRooT® Introduction
- TapRooT® System Overview – What you will be learning
- SnapCharT® Basics – Gathering information
- SnapCharT® Exercise – Practice
- Causal Factors – Identifying the error using the Causal Factor Worksheet
- Root Cause Tree® – Finding root causes while eliminating blame
- Root Cause Tree® Exercise – Practice finding root causes
- Corrective Actions – Developing SMARTER fixes using the Corrective Action Helper® Guide
Day 2 (8:00am to 5:00pm)
- Software Intro – Practicing the techniques using software
- Generic Causes – Go beyond root cause analysis
- Causal Factors – More practice identifying Causal Factors
- Reporting – How to make a management presentation
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Final Exercise – Putting what you’ve learned to work on a real healthcare example from your team
Participants will receive the book, Improve Patient Safety with TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis, a $99.95 value, a TapRooT® Root Cause Tree®, a custom healthcare-oriented Root Cause Tree® Dictionary, a Corrective Action Helper Guide, and a 90-Day Subscription to TapRooT® VI, our dynamic online software that guides you through the TapRooT® process with ease and efficiency.
Don’t wait to register. Seats are limited in this course and because it is the first course we’ve offered to the public, it will fill up fast.
CLICK HERE to register for the TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis for Patient Safety Improvement Course and the 2020 Global TapRooT® Summit (March 9 – 13, 2020).
CLICK HERE to register for just the TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis for Patient Safety Improvement Course (March 9 – 10, 2020).
Course and Summit Discounts
How much can people save when they attend a pre-Summit Course and the Summit? That depends on how many people you sign up at one time. Here’s the breakdown…
Complete Summit Info
For complete Summit information, see: