TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis Leadership Lessons
Book 1: TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis Leadership Lessons
• • •
Book one of the ten-book series outlining how to apply TapRooT® to improve performance is for management. The book, TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis Leadership Lessons, provides the knowledge that management needs to lead their company to improved performance by the use of advanced root cause analysis.
The book was written by the leaders of System Improvement – Mark Paradies (above) and Linda Unger (below). Find out more about their experience HERE.
The book updates the TapRooT® Management Guidance and philosophy first detailed in the green TapRooT® Book published in 2000.
The NEW book, pictured at the end of the article, provides management lessons in a brief 84 pages.
The five chapters in the book include:
- What is Root Cause Analysis and How Was TapRooT® Developed to Help You Find Them?
- How Leaders Can Apply TapRoot® to Improve Performance?
- What TapRooT® Can Do for You?
- What TapRooT® Books Do You Need to Read?
The book starts with the Forward that describes an example (A Tale of Two Plants) outlining a common and a better management approach to leadership after an accident. Then the first chapter details the three visions of improvement that management might use:
- The Crisis Management Vision
- The Blame Vision, and
- The Opportunity to Improve Vision
Just one of these visions leads to sustainable, long-term improvement. Yet, it is NOT the most prevalent vision. Thus, adopting and promoting a sustainable vision provides a great opportunity. Sustained, revolutionary improvement is possible if the correct vision and tools for performance improvement are chosen. Anyone interested in optimizing performance improvement must understand the three visions and the tools they need to find the real root causes of performance problems.
What is TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis?
Chapter 2 explains what is a root cause and how TapRooT® helps guide your employees to the root causes of human performance and equipment reliability issues. This includes the process used to investigate simple incidents (above) and the process used for major investigations (below).
It also provides a history of how TapRooT® was developed and the human factors and equipment reliability scientific basis for the TapRooT® System and the unique TapRooT® Root Cause Tree®.
How Leaders Can Apply TapRooT®
Should management wait for an accident to learn by applying TapRooT®?
Of course, you need to find the root causes of a major accident so your company can fix them and avoid a repeat accident. But wouldn’t it be better to apply the TapRooT® Tools proactively to prevent accidents?
Chapter 3 explains why major accidents happen and how you can prevent them by applying TapRooT® proactively.
What Can TapRooT® Do for You?
Chapter 4 provides several examples of user-reported success using TapRooT® to:
- Save lives and reduce injuries,
- Improve process reliability and save money,
- Stop blame and improve driving safety,
- Improve network reliability/service quality,
- Proactively improve quality in the healthcare industry,
- Improve management support for investigations and corrective actions, and
- Improve morale by fixing problems (rather than placing blame).
What are your challenges?
- Unnecessary fatalities and serious injuries?
- Unreliable equipment and plant downtime?
- Environmental releases and permit violations?
- Service quality issues?
- High workers’ compensation costs?
- Poor investigations and repeat human error related incidents?
- Regulatory scrutiny and fines?
- Cost overruns on projects?
TapRooT® can help you defeat your challenges.
Which TapRooT® Books Do You Need to Read?
This is the first of the ten TapRooT® Books in this series. Order it at this link:
You can see all the books at OUR STORE.
Which books should you read first? Of course, we would suggest Book 1. But Chapter 5 in Book 1 provides suggestions on the books you should read next.
The Complete 10-Book Set
Now that we have completed the ten-book set, you can order all 10 books as a set by CLICKING HERE.