Unique Equipment Failures? Develop Custom Equifactor® Equipment Troubleshooting Tables
One of the terrific features of the TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis Software is the ability to use the custom Equifactor® Equipment Troubleshooting Tables.
The custom tables will assist your maintenance and reliability experts in finding the physical cause of a machinery failure. The tables—which are already included in the TapRooT® Software—cover a wide range of equipment types, including various types of pumps, compressors, motors, valves, turbines, etc.
How to Create Custom Equifactor® Equipment Troubleshooting Tables
What do you do when your particular piece of equipment is not already covered under one of these tables? One of the powerful features of the Equifactor® module is the ability to develop your own custom troubleshooting tables. You can have one of your in-house experts quickly put together a set of tables to help you with future troubleshooting efforts. Here are some valuable tips for putting together these custom tables:
- Ideally, have the custom table developed before the equipment fails. Take a look at your failure records. See what might be the most expensive failures in the past few years, or the most common failures. Start with those tables.
- Have a top 10 list of “bad actors” already compiled. This might be a good place to determine the initial tables to develop.
- If a senior expert is getting ready to leave, you might consider having him/her develop these tables as part of their transition plan.
- Have some new people in your department? Have them start building some tables! They can research vendor manuals (and yes, Google might have some good ideas!), and have them put together some preliminary tables. Then have your senior staff sit down with them and go over the tables. It’s a great way to learn the equipment.
- You can actually export these tables, send them to someone else that uses TapRooT®, and then they can import that table into their software. Or (even better), import someone else’s tables into your software! It’s a great way to trade knowledge among your industry partners.
- We can also assist. You can put the tables directly into the software. Alternatively, if it would be easier, we can help you set up an Excel template that you would fill out with your table information. We can import that entire spreadsheet into the TapRooT® software.
Keep in mind that the custom table function is only available in the multi-user versions of the TapRooT® Software. The Personal Subscriptions are not designed to be used on this scale and do not have this functionality.
If you are not familiar with these features, please don’t hesitate to contact us. These features are all covered in the TapRooT® /Equifactor® training courses we teach. The custom table feature of the Equifactor® module is a powerful tool to customize your TapRooT® experience.
Equifactor® Equipment Troubleshooting & TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis are powerful methods to ensure your machinery issues are correctly fixed the first time
Learn more about what Equifactor® can do for your team: register for an Equifactor course now. And register your team for the 2022 Global TapRooT® Summit.