Book 5: Using Equifactor® Troubleshooting Tools & TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis to Improve Equipment Reliability
Use Equifactor® to Troubleshoot Equipment Problems Effectively
• • •
Stop repeat equipment problems at your facility and learn to troubleshoot equipment issues effectively. Our new book, “Using Equifactor® Troubleshooting Tools & TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis to Improve Equipment Reliability,” by Ken Reed and Mark Paradies is now available in the TapRooT® Store.
What’s inside the new Equifactor® Book?
- How to respond to an equipment failure
- Equipment failure troubleshooting process
- What happened? Draw a preliminary SnapCharT®
- Troubleshooting a failure
- Stop the investigation or is there more to learn?
- Find Causal Factors
- Find root causes using the Root Cause Tree®
- Developing fixes using the Corrective Action Helper® Guide
- Repair equipment
- Equifactor® Troubleshooting example
- Develop custom troubleshooting tables using the TapRooT® Software
- Proactive use of Equifactor®
That’s a lot of information in the 231 pages of the Equifactor® Troubleshooting Book.
Get the new book & a masterclass of learning at the Equifactor® Troubleshooting Course
The recently remastered 2-Day Equifactor® Equipment Troubleshooting & TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis Course comprises the complete package, as students receive the course, the new book, and the workbook. Take a look at the full course description.
Now is a great opportunity to get your maintenance personnel, equipment operators, and supervisors trained to increase equipment reliability at your plant.
When to use Equifactor®?
Safety and quality experts already know that TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis is the best option to get human-performance-based root causes. It is the only system that uses scientifically derived root causes to eliminate bias and avoid blame. So, what are they missing? That Equifactor® Equipment Troubleshooting should be used whenever there is an equipment failure.
Equifactor® equips the user with a series of predefined equipment troubleshooting tables. For example, there are tables for different types of pumps, AC and DC motors, refrigeration units, etc. These tables will give you a list of symptoms to choose from, and then provide an extensive list of possible causes for that symptom.
Equifactor® is a great way to give your maintenance and reliability experts a terrific list of possible causes to begin their troubleshooting efforts.
So when would you use these Equifactor® Tables in your TapRooT® Investigation? The series of predefined equipment troubleshooting tables are obviously a great resource for an equipment failure incident. The tables give you a list of symptoms to choose from. However, don’t limit yourself to the obvious investigations. For example:
- You can also use Equifactor® during an injury investigation if one of your Causal Factors happens to be an equipment failure.
- Similarly, during an investigation of a Quality deviation, you may find a failure of a piece of equipment on the manufacturing line. Again, it could be employed to better understand the causes of the equipment failure (probably a Causal Factor), which will then lead to a better root cause analysis.
Use Equifactor® anytime an equipment failure is involved in your investigation. It’s a great way to make sure you are fully covering all the possible errors and failures during your TapRooT® analysis.