Update on the Human Performance Track at the 2022 Global TapRooT® Summit
Global TapRooT® Summit Human Performance Track
The 2022 Global TapRooT® Summit is coming up on May 2-6. The Pre-Summit Courses are on May 2-3. The Summit is on May 4-6.
The Summit has eight tracks. They are:
- Human Performance
- Investigation & Root Cause Analysis
- Executive Leadership
- Certified Instructor
- Quality, Operational Excellence, and Asset Reliability
- Safety & Risk
- Soft Skills
Each track is built around the track’s title to help you improve performance around that topic. When you attend the Summit you can attend the sessions in the track you pick or mix and match between whichever best practice session you choose.
This article provides the latest update about the Human Performance Track.
Purpose of the Human Performance Track
The Human Performance Track is focused on some of the most important current topics that can help you improve human performance. To pick just the right topics we asked for advice from the TapRooT® Advisory Board and our TapRooT® Instructors. the topics chosen are listed below.
Human Performance Track Topics and Speakers
The topics and speakers in the Human Performance Track include:
- Michelle Wishon – If we could only hire better people these incidents wouldn’t happen (Blaming people for incidents instead of finding root causes)
- Stephanie Tipton – Dazed & Confused (Influence of drugs on human performance and drug testing)
- Carl Dixon – Beyond COVID – Now what? (Recovering from a major negative impact)
- Tim Diggs – Pre-Job Risk Analysis & Pre-Job Planning Workshop (Using pre-job planning and risk assessment to improve human performance)
- Lori Frederic (The Movement Ninja) – The Proper Care & Feeding of Your Lower Back Pain (Ergonomic advice on defeating back injuries and pain)
- Jeff Gleason, Jason Dalen, and Corey Wald – TapRooT® Investigations and Lessons Learned (Three examples of investigations that included human performance problems and the lessons that were learned)
- Barb Carr – The psychology behind root cause analysis interviewing (Barb shares why we teach TapRooT® 15 step interviewing method)
- Anne Roberts – Recovering from and preventing burnout (It can happen to us all, we work so hard that we break. Don’t burn out. Learn to pace yourself and accomplish more.)
That’s a great list of topics that will help you improve human performance.
You don’t want to miss the knowledge, best practices, and discussions that will occur in these sessions.
The topics above are in addition to our outstanding Keynote Speakers…
The topics our Keynote Speakers will present are:
- Inky Johnson – The Process: Trust It. Respect It. Embrace It.
- Ken Futch – Take Your Best Shot
- Claus Rose – What Senior Management Wants from Root Cause Analysis
- Vice Admiral (retired) Joseph Aucoin – Hearing Warnings: The Need for Senior Leaders to Listen and Respond to Signals that Indicate Unacceptable Risk
- Kirstie Ennis – Don’t Accept Limitations
Which of these Keynote Speakers will be the most applicable to the Human Performance Track? The accident that Ken Futch will describe? The failure of senior leadership that Vice Admiral Joseph Aucoin will present? The discussion of senior leadership’s needs from root cause analyses? Or the motivation provided by Inky and Kirstie? You will have to decide after you see all five presentations.
Stopping Human Error Training
Perhaps the most applicable course to fit with the Human Performance Track is the Stopping Human Error Training.
Is this course for you? Do you need to:
- Stop human error?
- Understand the reasons for human error?
- Develop a human performance improvement program?
- Improve your human performance improvement program?
Then this course is for you.
Mark Paradies, human factors expert and Board Certified Ergonomist (certificate #85), Alex Paradies, experienced TapRooT® Instructor and Lean Transformation Leader, and Joel Haight, Professor of Industrial Engineering at the University of Pittsburgh, will be teaching this in person only Stopping Human Error Course.
What’s in the Stopping Human Error Course? Here’s the Course Outline:
Day 1 (10:00am to 6:00pm)
- Foundations of Improving Human Performance
- Human Performance – What Should You Expect?
- Three Human Reliability Best Practices
- Mistake Proofing
- Using TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis for Reactive Problem Analysis
- Human Performance Improvement Technology (Catch Your Own Mistakes)
- Questioning Attitude
- Attention to Detail
- Time Out
- Error Traps & Precursors
- Validate Assumptions
- Work Direction/Finding Error Likely Situations
- Pre-Job Hazard Analysis
- Pre-Job Brief
- Personal Safety Assessment
- Post-Job Brief
- Systematic Approach to Training
- Using Procedures to Improve Human Performance
- Procedures Best Practices
- Procedure Use and Adherence
- Place Keeping
Day 2 (10:00am to 6:00pm)
- 3-Way Communication
- Do Not Disturb Sign
- Management System
- Conservative Decision Making
- Stopping Normalization of Deviation
- Quality Control
- Independent Verification
- Concurrent Verification
- Human Factors Engineering
- Best Practices (Spot Bad Practices)
- Proactive Use of CHAP
- Hazard/Target Elimination or Substitution
- Improvement Exercise
- What Should You Improve/Which Tools Will Work Best for You?
- Sample Plan
- Present Your Plan (Benchmarking/Feedback)
With the exercises built-in to try the techniques, this is an active, quick-moving 2-day course.
You will leave this course with a clear understanding of methods to improve human performance and a custom plan to apply those methods at your company to achieve great gains in safety, quality, or operational and maintenance performance (all of which depend on human performance).
Participants receive the book, Stopping Human Error, a $99.95 value, as part of the course materials. In addition, participants receive a certificate of completion and a 90-day subscription to TapRooT® VI Software, our dynamic cloud-based software that computerizes the TapRooT® Techniques.
This course is ONLY $1425. Register for both the course and the 2022 Global TapRooT® Summit and you SAVE $200 off the course fee. Attend both the Summit and the Course for ONLY $2320.
And here is more information about what you will take away from the course, a plan to improve human performance.
More Summit Information
For more 2022 Global TapRooT® Summit information, see THIS LINK.
Summit – Face-to-Face or a Virtual Option
2022 Global TapRooT® Summit
May 2-6 – Knoxville, TN
We had planned to have a regular face-to-face Summit this year. But we’ve had several people from continents outside North America tell us that their company still won’t allow travel because of COVID. And they begged us to let them attend virtually. Therefore, we decided that we will have a face-to-face Summit with a virtual option for those that face travel restrictions.
Choosing in-person or virtual attendance is easy when you register for the Summit.
The picture above shows the first registration page. Just click the “in person” or the “virtual” checkbox and you’ve made your choice.
CLICK HERE to start the registration process.