Equifactor® Equipment Troubleshooting Tables are included with the TapRooT® System!
Most of you are already aware that we have developed an equipment troubleshooting aid to supplement the TapRooT® System. The Equifactor® Equipment Troubleshooting Tables provide your troubleshooting team with a comprehensive database of equipment types, and then gives you possible failure modes and causes for those pieces of equipment.
These tables can be used by your maintenance and reliability experts to quickly narrow down the physical causes of your failure. Once you have this cause in hand, you can then continue to apply the rest of the TapRooT® System to determine the human performance issues that allowed the equipment failure.
Do you know where to find the Equifactor® Equipment Troubleshooting Tables?
These equipment troubleshooting tables are available in 2 different forms:
- If your company has a TapRooT® VI software license, these tables are accessible right from the SnapCharT® module. While you are building your SnapCharT®, you can pull up these troubleshooting aids to help populate the Events and Conditions, and even point out additional Causal Factors on your SnapCharT®.
- Alternatively, these troubleshooting tables are available in the new Equifactor® Troubleshooting Book (Book 5 of the TapRooT® Book Series). These tables are all part of the appendices in the back of the book. While not as convenient as the software, they contain all the same information as is provided in the software.
Ensure your team is trained to use the Tables!
While these tables are provided in these sources, you’ll want to ensure your team is trained on how to fully utilize these tools. We offer Equifactor® training for your team in several different forms:
- 2-Day TapRooT®/Equifactor® Equipment Troubleshooting Course: This course will teach you team BOTH TapRooT® and Equifactor®. We use equipment-specific examples throughout the course, giving your team a seamless training experience.
- 1-Day Equifactor® Equipment Troubleshooting Course: If your team is already TapRooT® trained, we can provide a single day of equipment troubleshooting training to supplement their TapRooT® knowledge.
- This 1-Day course can also be added to a regular 2-Day TapRooT® Essentials course. You can have all of your team attend the 2-Day course, and then have your equipment folks stay for the additional Equifactor® day.
- We can even integrate this 1-Day Equifactor® course into a 5-Day TapRooT® Advanced Team Leader Course for those that would like to give their team a deep-dive into both TapRooT® and Equifactor®.
We have many options to provide Equifactor® to your team. Please let us know if you are ready to take advantage of this high-quality training for your troubleshooting and maintenance teams.