Last Chance – Alex in Austin – Change the Way You Work and Think – Guaranteed!
Register now for the powerful, impactive 2-Day Stopping Human Error TapRooT® Training Course + the highly effective TapRooT® Instructor Alex Paradies in Austin, TX, October 25-26, 2022.
Register now to guarantee your team’s spots for this Austin course, taught by Alex Paradies, that will help you and your team achieve great gains in safety, quality, and operational and maintenance performance.
2-Day Stopping Human Error
When you calculate how much human error costs your company, you will want to do more than just forgive (or fire) workers that make mistakes. You need a plan to reduce human error.
- Want to learn the most effective human performance improvement techniques and which ones are counterproductive? (Yes, some techniques really don’t work!)
- Need methods you can apply to effectively stop major accidents and incidents by “stopping” human error?
- Ready to achieve excellent human performance?
If you answered “Yes!” to any of the above, we invite you to our upcoming course.
The course will help you understand:
- The causes of human error
- Human factors design best practices
- Methods to find error-likely situations
- Techniques to help supervisors and workers prevent human errors
- CHAP (Critical Human Action Profile)
- Human Performance improvement Technology
- Designing your human performance improvement program.
With the exercises built-in to try the techniques, this is an active, quick-moving, 2-day course that will help you develop a customized, effective, efficient program to improve human performance at your facility.
Day 1 (8:00am to 5:00pm)
- Foundations of Improving Human Performance
- Human Performance – What Should You Expect?
- Three Human Reliability Best Practices
- Mistake Proofing
- Using TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis for Reactive Problem Analysis
- Human Performance Improvement Technology (Catch Your Own Mistakes)
- Questioning Attitude
- Attention to Detail
- Time Out
- Error Traps & Precursors
- Validate Assumptions
- Work Direction/Finding Error Likely Situations
- Pre-Job Hazard Analysis
- Pre-Job Brief
- Personal Safety Assessment
- Post-Job Brief
- Systematic Approach to Training
- Using Procedures to Improve Human Performance
- Procedures Best Practices
- Procedure Use and Adherence
- Place Keeping
Day 2 (8:00am to 5:00pm)
- 3-Way Communication
- Do Not Disturb Sign
- Management System
- Conservative Decision Making
- Stopping Normalization of Deviation
- Quality Control
- Independent Verification
- Concurrent Verification
- Human Factors Engineering
- Best Practices (Spot Bad Practices)
- Proactive Use of CHAP
- Hazard/Target Elimination or Substitution
- Improvement Exercise
- What Should You Improve/Which Tools Will Work Best for You?
- Sample Plan
- Present Your Plan (Benchmarking/Feedback)
You will leave this course with a clear understanding of methods to improve human performance and a custom plan to apply these methods at your company to achieve great gains in safety, quality, or operational and maintenance performance (all of which depend on human performance).
Participants receive the book, Stopping Human Error, a $99.95 value, as part of the course materials. In addition, participants receive a certificate of completion and a 90-day subscription to TapRooT® VI Software, our dynamic cloud-based root cause analysis software.
Circumstances can crop up anywhere at any time if proper and safe sequence and procedures are not planned and followed. We encourage you to learn and use the TapRooT® System to find and fix problems.
Register today for the Stopping Human Error TapRooT® Training Course in Austin, TX, October 25-26, 2022, taught by Alex Paradies.
TapRooT® has a team of investigators and instructors with years of extensive training ready to offer assistance worldwide. We also offer ongoing support to our clients through free newsletters and root cause tips videos, the root cause analysis blog, and our annual Global TapRooT® Summit.
Register for one of our TapRooT® courses. We offer a basic 2-Day course and an advanced 5-Day course. Contact us or call 865.539.2139 about having a course at your site or for further root cause analysis opportunities. We’re here to find solutions for you.