How Good is Your TapRooT® Implementation?
TapRooT® provides world-class root cause analysis. But did you know that your results can vary depending upon the goodness of your implementation of the TapRooT® System?
What causes the implementation to vary? Try these factors …
- Need to improve clearly defined.
- Senior management support achieved.
- Written program plan approved by senior management.
- Proactive improvements drive improvement success.
- Use advanced root cause analysis for both reactive and proactive investigations.
- Improvement accomplishments being communicated successfully.
- Adequate budget/staffing for the improvement organization.
- Training plan implemented.
- Employees, supervisors, managers, and contractors/suppliers willingly participate in the program.
- Software selected, customized, and implemented.
- Performance measures and advanced trending techniques used by management to guide the program.
- Organizational learning occurring by effective sharing of lessons learned.
- Plan for continuous improvement of the program is followed.
- Leadership succession plan established.
- Rewards program being used effectively.
This list is provided as a checklist and explained in more detail in Chapter 3 of our new book:
CLICK HERE to order your copy.
One more idea you might want to pursue to improve your performance improvement program. Attend the 2018 TapRooT® Global Summit in Knoxville, TN, on February 26 – March 2! It’s a great place to keep up with the state of the art in performance improvement and network with industry leaders.
Start by attending one of our advanced courses on Monday & Tuesday:
- TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis Training
- Equifactor® Equipment Troubleshooting and Root Cause Analysis
- Advanced Causal Factor Development Course
- Advanced Trending Techniques
- TapRooT® Analyzing and Fixing Safety Culture Issues
- Risk Assessment and Management Best Practices
- Getting the Most from Your TapRooT® VI Software
- TapRooT® for AuditsTapRooT®
- Evidence Collection and Interviewing Techniques to Sharpen Investigation Skills
- Understanding and Stopping Human Error
Then attend the Summit on Wednesday – Friday.
What’s on the agenda for the 2018 Global TapRooT® Summit? First, there are five keynote speakers:
- Inquois “Inky” Johnson – Honor and Legacy
- Vincent Ivan Phillips – How to Communicate Successfully
- Dr. Carol Gunn – When Failure Becomes Personal
- Mark Paradies – How Good is Your TapRooT® Implementation?
- Mike Williams – Deepwater Horizon
Then there are nine different tracks that include 8 breakout sessions each. These tracks include:
- Human Factors
- Asset Optimization
- Patient Safety
- TapRooT® Software
- TapRooT® Instructor Recertification
See the Summit schedule at: http://www.taproot.com/taproot-summit/summit-schedule.